The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Fundamental and Human Rights (LBI-GMR) announces a full-time vacancy for a Researcher/Project Manager (m/f/d) in the Programme Line “Human Dignity and Public Security”. The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of an EU-financed project on the rights of defendants and detainees with intellectual and/or psychosocial disabilities. The project will examine gaps, challenges and good practices in the implementation and practical application of EU cross-border instruments (e.g. 2002/584/JHA EAW; 2008/909/JHA Transfer of Prisoners; 2008/947/JHA Probation and Alternative Sanctions; 2009/829/JHA European Supervision Order). The “Human Dignity and Public Security” Programme Line focuses on human rights in the criminal justice context and on the prevention of torture and ill-treatment worldwide. For further information please see Programme Line “Human Dignity and Public Security”.
- Independent management and coordination of a EU-financed project
- Coordination and communication with project partners and project stakeholders
- Comprehensive research on the Austrian national level; drafting, reviewing and editing of reports and recommendations
- Research on the legal framework and practice of other EU Member States, review and editing of a Comparative Report
- Monitoring of the project budget
- Organisation of workshops and roundtables at the national and regional levels
- Support with other ongoing activities of the Programme Line, including the development and acquisition of new projects.
- Advanced university degree in law or equivalent; degree in human rights is an asset
- At least three years of work experience as project manager and/or researcher in the field of human rights or similar
- Good knowledge of human rights, especially the rights of persons deprived of liberty and the prevention of torture and ill-treatment; knowledge of the Austrian prison system as well as of the rights of persons with intellectual and/or psychosocial disabilities is an asset
- Good knowledge of EU law, especially EU judicial cooperation instruments in criminal matters
- Experience in moderating workshops and giving presentations; experience in teaching and training is an asset
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- Ability to work independently, diligently, and live up to deadlines
- Readiness to travel abroad (approx. 10%)
- Good IT skills
- Fluency in English and German.
- Rewarding work in an interdisciplinary expert team
- Participation in the diverse range of events and networks linked to the LBI-GMR
- Access to the training offers of the LBG Career Center
- Salary starting at 2.900 EUR/month (gross, full-time).
As a human rights institute, we are committed to the diversity of our workforce as a key to innovation and success. We are proud to offer everyone equal opportunities.
All interested persons are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter to: email@example.com.
A written test and interviews with pre-selected candidates will be conducted in the week of 15 -21 November 2021.
Place: Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Fundamental and Human Rights, Freyung 6 (Schottenhof), 1010 Vienna, Austria
Envisaged Start: 10 January 2022
Duration and scope: Unlimited contract, 40 hours/week, minimum monthly gross salary: 2.900 EUR
Application Deadline: 7 November 2021