The Human Rights Office of the City of Vienna, the Vienna Board of Education and the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Human Rights with polis – the Austrian Centre for Citizenship Education in Schools offer four school classes the opportunity to experience a varied half-day on the topic of human rights.
Moderation: Patricia Hladschik (polis – the Austrian Centre for Citizenship Education in Schools)
- Children's rights
The day begins at the Vienna Board of Education in Wipplingerstraße. The young people deal with the topic of children's rights and receive an introduction to the topic of human rights in general.
- The topic of human rights at the First Vienna Protest Walk
Martin Auer, the author of the First Vienna Protest Walk, accompanies the students to the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Human Rights and presents the new chapter of the protest walk on human rights. Further information on the following website.
- Talking about Human Rights
In the "Wappensaal" of the City of Vienna, the students can interview human rights practitioners from different occupational fields:
- Andreas Accardo (European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights)
- Shams Asadi (Human Rights Office of the City of Vienna)
- Faika El-Nagashi (human rights spokeswoman of the Green Party)
- Peter Florianschütz (human rights spokesman of the SPÖ)
- Heinrich Himmer (Vienna Board of Education)
- Udo Janz (former UNHCR Secretary General in New York)
- Walther Lichem (former Austrian UN Ambassador)
- Claudia Schäfer (ZARA - Civil courage and anti-racism work)
- Susanne Scholl (author, former ORF correspondent)
- Renate Stieb-Kanaletz (Vienna Police Directorate)
- Hannes Tretter (Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Human Rights)