30 min., USA, 2008. Regie: Adam Rodgers. Produzent: Sig Libowitz, Executive Producers: University of Maryland School of Law | Venable LLP
Sprache: Original/Englisch (ohne Untertitel)
“The Response” is a courtroom drama based on the actual transcripts of the Guantanamo Bay military tribunals (known as Combatant Status Review Tribunals). Is the suspected enemy combatant guilty of supporting Al Qaeda and responsible for the deaths of several American soldiers? Or is he an innocent victim of circumstances as he claims? While the judges see the classified evidence, the detainee does not. While the judges know who has accused the detainee, the detainee does not. While the detainee would need this information to properly defend himself, the US Government refuses to share the evidence arguing its release would undermine U.S. national security.
Panel discussion (in English)
* Mustafa Ait Idir [link][CSRT doc.], former Guantanamo detainee, abducted 2002 in Bosnia
* Wolfgang Petritsch [link] , Austrian Ambassador to the OECD, former High Representative in Bosnia-Herzegovina (1999-2002)
* Rob Kirsch [link] and Mark Fleming [link], WilmerHale, Attorneys for Guantanamo detainees in the landmark case Boumediene v Bush [link] before the US Supreme Court
* Manfred Nowak [link], BIM/University Vienna, former Judge at the Human Rights Chamber in Bosnia (1996-2003)
* hosted by Adelheid Wölfl, Der Standard.
Where: Burg Kino, Opernring 19, 1010 Wien